Your body type is: Diamond
As a Diamond body type is indeed as rare as it’s name. Typical characteristics are:
- Your hips are broader than you bust and shoulders
- You have a tendency to gain weight in you stomach, back, hips and buttocks
- Your waist is undefined and the widest part of your frame
- You carry some weight in your upper legs
- Your lower legs are shapely and one of your most attractive features
- You have proportionately slender, shapely arms
How to Dress a Diamond Body Shape
The key to dressing a Diamond body type is to balance your shoulders and bust with your hips while creating a waist. This is achieved by choosing clothing that adds curves and fullness to your upper body with appropriate clothing cuts while choosing pants and skirts that will lean and lengthen your lower body. You have amazing lower legs and beautiful arms, so feel free to show them off.
Find tops that will help create a more defined waist and accentuate your shoulders and bust. Look for:
- Tops with nipped or belted waists.
- Off the shoulder, boat-neck tops, wide V or U necks.
- Structured shoulders, princess or flutter sleeves.
- Embellishments around the bust and shoulders.
- Tops that are full, rushed or flowing around the bust.
- Square or scoop neck button downs that are nipped-in at the waist and flare at the bottom will help create the illusion of a more defined waist.
- Choose tops with wrap-style busts and an empire waist. Fabric should gently skim away from the body below the waistline. Princess or flutter sleeves will further balance your figure.
- Choose tailored wrap tops or tunics with belted waists that skim over your tummy and bottom.
- Choose shirts with wide necklines, full sleeves and draped fabric with a low, banded waist. Strapless versions of this top are also flattering.
- Look for strapless or off-the-shoulder tops with an empire waist and fabric that skims the body below the waist.
- Choose jackets with full or structured shoulders and a nipped-in waist. Draw attention to your bust with pockets or details. Stay away from lower pockets.
Look for bottoms that lean and lengthen your lower half:
- Choose dark colored bottoms.
- Choose pants with simple back and hip pockets.
- Lightly gathered or A-line skirts that skim your figure.
- Straight skirts that fall from the widest part of your hip.
- Pants with legs that fall straight from the widest part of your hip.
- Simple, dark colored slacks with no (or minimal) pockets. Choose relaxed fits that fall from the widest part of your hip. Avoid tapered or super-wide legs.
- Choose boot cut or trouser cut jeans that fall straight from the widest part of the hip. Stick with uniform dark washes and simple back pockets.
- Straight skirts that fall from the widest part of your hip are flattering when paired with a shirt that de-emphasizes your tummy. Add interest and a slimming effect with vertical seaming.
- Choose lightly gathered or A-line skirts that skim your bottom without adding volume.
Look for swimsuits that will enhance your bust while de-emphasizing your tummy and hips. Look for:
- Ruffles, padding or embellishments at the bust.
- Straps that sit mid shoulder or strapless suits.
- Suits that are light/patterned at the bust and dark at the waist and hips.
- A-line skirts that skim your body without adding volume.
- Swim dresses with an A-line skirt and a patterned or light colored bust are most flattering on your figure. Look for suits with straps that sit mid-shoulder and necklines that are not too deep.
- Swimdresses with ruffled busts and A-line skirts are also an excellent choice. Strapless varieties are a great choice for your figure.
- Strapless one piece suits with ruffled busts are a good, non-skirted option.
- Tankinis with light or patterned busts, with and empire waist with a body that floats gently away from your tummy will flatter your diamond body shape.
- Strapless tankinis with a ruffled or embellished bust, empire waist and fabric that gently floats away from your tummy is a good choice for your figure.